Film still project, reflections on fiction and reality

Initially this idea was a continuation of the recording of my surroundings, which in a way already was quite cinematic. But I was actually more interested in the sort of general idea or memory of a film than the actual film. I guess its a typical narcissistic feature to want/believe that your life is a movie. So i wanted to experiment with that idea, the  wanted to somehow cross that border between fiction and reality. Did this happen to me, or did i watch it in a film? What does watching a film over 30 times do to you. How does the movie become a part of you, of you’re memories, of my memories.  I selected a bunch of my favourite   movies to work with. and then watched them all. Again. As i’ve done a million times, and then i selected some stills that was either significant to me, or insignificant. I Knew i wanted to make the drawings big, partly because it references the actual movie theatre screen, but also because i like the physicality of making the drawing, the time frame, the experience. By then replacing the characters from the actual scene with real people from my life, with me, Im creating a new ‘fake’ memory, or rewriting a piece of fiction, depending how you look at it. Did this happen? Could it happen? The drawing does not only become an literary analysis of the characters in the movie, but also an phycological analysis of the relationship between the real people. In the case of the above drawing, me and my mother.